So, according to my guide from IES I am in the honeymoon phase of my study abroad experience. And although I have a hard time believing that that this wonderful feeling is going to end, I'm am definitely enjoying it now! Villa Pamphili is right across the street from my apartment. It was the home of a very very rich roman family back in the day. Now it's a park. Not just a normal park that we are used to, but one with huge old fountains and walls with carvings and maze hedges, ponds, and beautiful used-to-be homes. It is just absolutely beautiful!!! The coolest part is that my piazza is quite busy with cars and buses, but just going through a small arch I was transported into a beautiful land where everyone was smiling and enjoying the chilled sunny day! The perfect way to start a day!
Yesterday I walked home from school for the first time! I didn't even use a map! We have the perfect walk consisting of a view of the entire city!!! I'm soooo lucky to be here and hoping that I will soak everything in! Last night Daria took us to a delicious restaurant, Roma Sparta. I had pasta with bacon, I don't know what it was in Italian but it definitely made my tummy happily full. Afterwards we headed to find a fun bar in Trastevere. It was freezing so we skipped most the way....my idea hahaha. We stopped and got nutella pizza....quite possibly the most satisfying dessert ever. Then we went into a bar and there was a guy playing acoustic guitar and singing! Mostly in Italian but some English songs too so that was fun. I ordered Lemoncello, which is a drink Italians have after their coffee after their meal. It was toooooo sweet for me. Think of lemon drop candies in liquid form with oh I don't know 10 pounds of sugar mixed in a very strong liquor. But I drank it don't worry. I haven't wasted a euro since I've been here! I bought flowers for myself yesterday too! Ooooo and they love their flowers. I picked out 2 different kinds and he made a bouquet for me. It took like 15 minutes but it was definitely worth it. I smile every time I look at them!
Miss you all and I've found some cheap places to stay if anyone decides to visit....which you all should!!!! Happy Valentine's Day! Love you!!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment