I like Valentine's Day in Rome. It's actually not a big deal at all! I forgot it was Valentine's Day five different times yesterday which would have never happened at home. So as opposed to trying to avoid the dreaded question..."What are you doing for Valentine's Day?" I carelessly wandered through Rome and treated myself to gelato. We were hoping to walk through the botanical gardens, but you have to pay so I'm going to wait until spring time when the weather is nicer and the flowers are in bloom.
Last night we had a delicious meal of which I suggest to Mom! It's easy and delicious and all depends on making the pasta correctly! So here's the deal....put the water in the pot, before it starts boiling put a ton of salt in it (to taste, it should be salty but not too salty) this is to avoid having to salt the pasta when it has already been served, when the water boils put in the pasta. As the water is boiling put extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan with 3 to 4 cloves of garlic (not minced), as the oil heats up lean the pan on it side toward the pan making a puddle of oil for allowing the garlic to fry to a light gold color, then turn off that burner. finish the pasta, but don't overcook! tear up fresh spinach and place on plates. remove garlic cloves from oil and pour pasta into frying pan with the oil in it. pour pasta and oil back into pot then add pesto...a generous amount. plate the pesto pasta over the spinach then put chunks of mozzarella on top with a little oil on top. yum yum yum yum!!!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

you had that for dinner cuz youre in rome. i had pinto beans with ham in it for dinner cuz im in tennessee.
ReplyDeleteyours sounds a lot better to me...